Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Burt's Bees at the Taste of Chicago



The Burt's Bees "Bee-utify Your World Mobile Tour" was at The Taste of Chicago on Saturday when I went, but the crowds made enjoying the "Hive" hard.

I have NEVER seen it so crowded so early at The Taste, and I've been going for years. It was no fun at all after 1pm, which was when I discovered the Burt's Bees Beauty Hive. It was very well designed and laid out, sort of like a museum exhibit. There were stations set up for just about every Burt's Bees product there is. There were also massage/manicure stations, but you had to sign up for those.

My plan would have been to sign up for a mani/massage and then wander around while I waited for my turn, trying products. Unfortunately the extremely cool sinks that were at each exhibit weren't working, which made it hard to try different products, and the number of people packed in the tent made it hard to move. It was also very hard to hear inside the tent because of some enormous fans that were behind it. Sigh.

I did score several free samples of Burt's Bees Radiance Day Cream with Royal Jelly and $1.00 off coupons for any full size product over $3.00. That made up for the chaos inside the tent because I need these coupons. I've become addicted to their Coconut Foot Cream.

You can learn more about the "Bee-utify Your World Mobile Tour" here. The picture above is from the Burt's Bees website, not The Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment